CABARROGUIS, Quirino, June 29 (PIA)—The Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office here has reported that the 2,691 identified victims of the Typhoon Labuyo had already received their emergency shelter assistance of P5,000 each from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
In her report to the Provincial Peace and Order Council last week, Laura Matammu, provincial social welfare and development officer, said a total of P19,152,525.00 has been disbursed to the beneficiaries.
Of the 2,691 beneficiaries, 1,575 came from Maddela; 466 from Nagtipunan; 418 from Aglipay, 103 from Cabarroguis, 85 from Saguday and 44 from Diffun. The said areas were affected when Labuyo made a landfall at Casiguran Aurora last August 2013.
Meanwhile, the 6,685 identified beneficiaries of the Cash for Work are scheduled to receive their payment next week. Each of them will get P191.00 per day or a total of P2,865.00 for working for 15 days.
Matammu also reported that validation and re-assessment are ongoing for the beneficiaries 750 who were identified as beneficiaries to the Core Shelter Assistance Project (CSAP) of P70,000.00 each.
Maddela has the biggest number of beneficiaries with 266 followed by Aglipay, 172; Nagtipunan, 131; Cabarroguis, 120; Diffun, 43 and Saguday, 18. - PIA