Phivolcs warns that damage is expected following the aftershock
MANILA, Philippines (Jul. 10, 2017) — A magnitude 5.4 earthquake struck the province of Leyte on Monday, July 10.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said the quake struck off Ormoc City, Leyte at 9:41 am on Monday.
Phivolcs said the latest earthquake to hit the province is an aftershock of the strong July 6 tremor that killed at least two people.
Phivolcs also warned that damage is expected following the aftershock.
The following intensities were recorded:
- Intensity VI – Ormoc City
- Intensity V – Kananga, Leyte
- Intensity IV – Mayorga, Leyte; Tacloban City; Mandaue City
- Intensity III – Loay and Jagna, Bohol; Cebu City
- Intensity II – Lapu-Lapu City; Cadiz City, Negros Oriental
Here are some scenes in Leyte immediately after the latest earthquake: