Bomb threat forces temporary closure of EDSA-Main Avenue

bomb threat
BOMB THREAT. A suspicious package is reportedly found on this bus along EDSA on April 17, 2016. Photo by Philip Fortuno
The closure causes heavy traffic along the major thoroughfare; all lanes are reopened past 10 pm

MANILA, Philippines (Apr. 17, 2016) – A bomb threat on Sunday evening, April 17, triggered the temporary closure of the northbound lane of EDSA-Main Avenue in Cubao, Quezon City.

In a tweet posted at 8:50 pm, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) told motorists to expect heavy traffic and take alternate routes.

The MMDA did not give further details about the bomb threat, but reports said a suspicious package was found inside a bus.

Social media users reported heavy traffic following the temporary closure.

Operations of the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT3) were also suspended.

Past 10 pm, the MMDA later told netizens that all lanes of EDSA had been reopened.

| Rappler.com